No one likes to think about the possibility of being attacked, but the truth is, it can happen to anyone at any time. That’s why it’s essential to know self-defense, just in case. If you have good self-defense skills, you can use them to earn your livelihood. This article lists some self-defense classes that you can start in 2022.
Krav Maga Worldwide
Krav Maga Worldwide is a self-defense system developed initially for the Israeli military. Today, it’s used by militaries and law enforcement agencies worldwide and is also available to civilians. Krav Maga Worldwide offers a variety of self-defense classes at its locations across the United States, as well as online courses. Classes focus on everything from striking and grappling to weapons defense and more.
If you are an expert, you can start giving Krav Maga classes to those interested in learning it. This will ensure that you can get an income while helping people learn how to defend themselves in case of emergencies.
Martial arts is another self-defense technique that people want to learn. Martial arts provide a plethora of benefits, such as:
- Increased physical strength and stamina
- Improved flexibility and coordination
- Better self-defense skills
- Sense of discipline and focus
- Ability to defend oneself in dangerous situations
There are many different types of martial arts, so finding the right one for you is essential. Once you find the perfect discipline, you can start teaching it to others and help them reap the benefits of martial arts training.
Moreover, when you create an academy to start teaching martial arts, you must also get your school insured. Getting insurance will protect your school from liability, contents coverage, medical expense coverage, etc. Look for a comprehensive martial arts school insurance coverage and get it for your academy. This will allow you to forget worrying about any damage to the property or your students and let you focus entirely on teaching. This will ultimately improve the learning experience, and more and more students will start joining your school.
Jiu Jitsu is a highly effective form of self-defense that relies on leverage and momentum rather than size and strength. Although it is often associated with mixed martial arts, Jiu Jitsu can be practiced by people of all ages and levels of fitness.
If you are interested in starting a Jiu Jitsu school, the first step is to find a qualified instructor. Look for someone who has experience teaching Jiu Jitsu and who can provide a safe, supportive environment for students to learn.
Once you have found an instructor, the next step is to create a curriculum. Start with the basics of posture and movement, then progress to more advanced techniques such as throws and submissions. Finally, promote your school through local martial arts tournaments and events. Following these steps, you can start a Jiu Jitsu school to help students learn this vital self-defense system.
Self-Defense Moves That You Should Teach in Your School
While each self-defense technique listed above will have different skills and moves to master, there are some standard ones that everyone should learn and teach. Here are some self-defense moves to teach to your students, regardless of your teaching technique.
- The first move is called the “palm heel strike.” This move is used to strike an attacker in the nose or throat, causing pain and disorientation. To execute this move, extend your arm and strike the attacker with the heel of your hand.
- The second move is called the “elbow strike.” This move is used to strike an attacker in the side of the head or neck, causing dizziness and disorientation. Extend your arm and strike the attacker with your elbow to execute this move.
- The third move is called the “knee strike.” This move is used to strike an attacker in the groin or stomach, causing extreme pain and possibly incapacitation. You need to raise your knee and strike the attacker in the groin with as much force as possible.
Teaching these simple self-defense moves in schools can help empower children to defend themselves against potential attackers.
Self-defense is an important skill, no matter who you are or where you live. Hence, it is evident that many people would want to learn it. You can benefit from this if you have a good experience in any self-defense technique. You can select any of the above methods and start your self-defense school. However, ensure ample research about how to start a self-defense school and what factors to consider before getting started.